As usual, the Japanese magazine Famitsu has published the list with the best-selling games and consoles of the last week in Japan, between July 12 and 18, 2021. Thanks to it we have been able to discover how much The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD What Crayon Shin-chan: Ora to Hakase no Natsuyasumi They have made their strong debut in the Country of the Rising Sun, both taking first and second place respectively in this top.
Zelda Y Shin-Chan they make their debut
To be a bit more specific, the Nintendo Switch remastering of Link’s legendary adventure has managed to sell 159,089 units, while the desired title of Shin-chan has managed to place more than 107,319 copies in Japanese homes. Unfortunately, we do not know if the latter will eventually reach the West. Otherwise, the entire list is dominated by Nintendo Switch games, notably Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin in third position and eBaseball Pro Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam in fourth.
You can take a detailed look at the top right below.
Best-selling games in Japan during the week of July 12-18, 2021
1. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (Nintendo) 159.089 (Nuevo)
2. [NSW] Crayon Shin-chan: Ora to Hakase no Natsuyasumi Owaranai Nanokakan no Tabi (Neos) 107.319 (Nuevo)
3. [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (Capcom) 32.111 (169.787)
4. [NSW] eBaseball Pro Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam (Konami) 20.711 (127.308)
5. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) 12.164 (2.694.102)
6. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft) 11,565 (2.056.556)
7. [NSW] Game Builder Garage (Nintendo) 10.634 (168.387)
8. [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush (Nintendo) 10.339 (139.787)
9. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) 9.945 (3.919.253)
10. [NSW] Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space (D3 Publisher) 9.379 (Nuevo)
Switch leads console sales
When it comes to hardware sales, we find that Nintendo Switch dominates again with more than 65,107 consoles sold between its standard model and Lite, while PlayStation 5 adds 10,107 more units between its digital model and with a disc reader.
The best-selling consoles in Japan during the week of July 12-18, 2021
1. Switch 53.530 (16.600.519)
2. Switch Lite 11.577 (3.959.196)
3. PlayStation 5 8.640 (753.017)
4. Xbox Series X 1.503 (46.796)
5. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 1.467 (146.431)
6. New 2DS LL (incluyendo 2DS) 584 (1.168.563)
7. PlayStation 4 295 (7.797.482)
8. Xbox Series S 371 (16.238)