Resident Evil 8: Village has exceeded 4.5 million copies sold worldwide between digital and physical distribution, Capcom has revealed in a Twitter message. The last adventure of the veteran saga survival horror Launched May 7 on PS5, Xbox Series X | S, PC, Google Stadia, PS4, and Xbox One; In just three days it had reached three million, and last May 26 four million. While the Japanese public does not seem to have been thrilled with Ethan Winters and Cris Redfield’s latest adventure, in the West the numbers augured a good start.
The cumulative worldwide sales of “Resident Evil Village” has exceeded 4.5 million!
Continue to enjoy Ethan’s story as he heads back to the dead to regain his stolen daughter.
And if you haven’t experienced it yet, we are waiting for you at Bio Village! https://t.co/LtTEARa1xQ#Bio #Bio Village pic.twitter.com/nyVjwpA9RR— Resident Evil (Capcom) (@BIO_OFFICIAL) July 8, 2021
The Resident Evil saga is enjoying a second youth thanks to the good sales rate of the new installment – and the recent remakes of Resident Evil 2 Y 3-, of premiere of Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness and Netflix and his upcoming cinematic live-action reboot. Yes OK Monster Hunter: World is still crowned the company’s best-selling game by far from the second Resident Evil It is Capcom’s most successful saga, surpassing 110 million copies sold.
Capcom’s Top 10 Best-Selling Games (As of March 31)
Half of the company’s top ten best-selling games are owned by Resident Evil, and although these data have been able to vary in the last months, it seems quite probable that Resident Evil 8 soon surpass Resident Evil 2 original. It remains to be seen whether to match the record -for the saga- of Resident Evil 7 with its more than 9 million copies since its launch in January 2017.
1. Monster Hunter: World: 17.1 million
2. RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard: 9 million
3. Resident Evil 2 Remake: 8.1 million
4. Resident Evil 5: 7.8 million
5. Resident Evil 6: 7.8 million
6. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne: 7.7 million
7. Street Fighter II: 6.3 million
8. Street Fighter V: 5.5 million
9. Resident Evil 2: 4.96 million
10. Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.9 million
Total sales of the sagas (as of March 31):
- Dragons Dogma: 5.7 million
- Monster Hunter: 72 million
- Ace Attorney: 8.1 million
- Marvel Vs. Capcom: 9.9 million
- Resident Evil: 110 million
- Ghosts’n Goblins: 4.3 million