If last week we told you that nine of the ten best-selling games in Japan were from Switch (and the one that did not also have a hybrid console version), this time the top 10 of the best-selling titles in the Asian country between July 5 and 11 is monopolized by the Nintendo console, with Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin leading on podium.
Capcom’s Japanese RPG with turn-based combat was released on July 7 and within four days it sold 137,676 units in physical format. The other novelty of the week follows behind: Konami’s sports game eBaseball Pro Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam, which has reached the 106,597 copies in box.
The podium closes it Mario Golf: Super Rush with more than 17,000 games. It is noteworthy that of the ten best-selling games, six are edited by Nintendo: in addition to the aforementioned, Video game studio, Ring Fit Adventure, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (that if it continues at this rate to exceed four million copies in just over two months), Mythopia Y Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
We leave you the list below, published by Famitsu and spread by Gematsu; in parentheses, the accumulated sales:
- 1. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin 137,676 (Nuevo)
- 2. eBaseball Pro Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam 106,597 (Nuevo)
- 3. Mario Golf: Super Rush 17,333 (129,448)
- 4. Videogame studio 14,105 (157,753)
- 5. Ring Fit Adventure 12,847 (2,681,938)
- 6. Minecraft 12,348 (2,044,991)
- 7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 10,614 (3,909,308)
- 8. Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! 9,298 (2,261,196)
- 9. Mitopia 8,272 (187,505)
- 10. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 7,434 (4,333,576)
Consoles next-gen suffer from lack of stock
One more week, the data represents the lack of supply of new generation consoles of the two brands, Sony and Microsoft, in Japan. PlayStation 5 has sold 14,404 units and Xbox Series X/S has placed 1,066 units. In the meantime, Nintendo Switch has sold 69,283 machines. PS4 (the Slim model; the Pro is no longer sold) has sold 678 consoles and Nintendo 3DS (the only model in stock is Nintendo 2DS LL) has placed 628 machines.
- Switch 52,867 (16,547,989)
- Switch Lite 16,416 (3,947,619)
- PlayStation 5 12,271 (744,377)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 2,133 (144,964)
- PlayStation 4 678 (9.372.910)
- Nintendo 3DS 628 (24,576,131)
- Xbox Series X 579 (45,293)
- Xbox Series S 487 (15,867)