After a few weeks of vacation break we return with a new review of the sales of games in physical format in Spain, with the figures from July 5 to 11, week in which Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Switch was the best-selling game in our country.
Sales week 27: from July 5 to 11
1. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (Switch)
2. FIFA 21 (PS4)
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
4. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
6. Minecraft (Switch)
7. Destruction AllStars (PS5)
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
9. FIFA 21 (Switch)
10. Ring Fit Adventure (Switch)
The only big release this week was Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which in its version of Switch (the only one that has been put on sale in physical format, since it is available only in digital format on PC) sold 5350 units. A spin-off of the saga that cannot compete with the main deliveries (Monster Hunter Rise sold almost 20,000 units in its first week), but they have made it the best-selling game of the week.
The rest of the top 10 as you can see is populated by old acquaintances; FIFA 21 of PS4 that already exceeds 434,000 units, Y Animal Crossing: New Horizons 421.000 do you copy. Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury, one of the greatest successes of this 2021, continues to add and has already overcome the barrier of 140.000, Y Minecraft for Nintendo Switch has already exceeded 300,000 units. On the other hand GTA 5 of PS4 continues to his own and is already very close to reaching the million and a half, a whole record.
Another novelty of the week, regarding its release in physical format, was Oddworld: Soulstorm, who has sold 1,150 units on PS5 and 1,400 on PS4, a title that must be remembered they gave away a few months ago on PlayStation Plus.
Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console
Regarding the sale of consoles in Spain, the war between Nintendo Switch and PS5 in recent weeks continues to be exciting, exchanging first and second place depending on the week. In this case the most sold console was Nintendo Switch with 6000 units. They follow him PS5 with 4800 units, PS4 with 850, Xbox Series S with 550 and Xbox Series X with 150.
The sales figures for the launches from June 14 to July 4
Since we have been a few weeks without offering a review of the best-selling games in Spain we have thought it appropriate to look back and retrieve the figures of the most outstanding launches of the last month, as there are some pretty cool facts.
Week 24 (June 14-20)
Week 25 (June 21-27)
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX: It sold in its first week 4,350 units in the Nintendo Switch version (being the fifth best-selling game of the week), 1,450 units in PS4, 1,200 units in PS5 and 550 units in Xbox Series.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush: sold in its first week 4,300 units for Nintendo Switch, being the sixth best-selling game of the week and adding up to week 27 a total of 7,250 units.
- Scarlet Nexus: Bandai Namco’s adventure had a very weak launch, selling 650 units for the PS5, 350 units for the PS4 and 250 units for the Xbox.
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games: The Official Video Game: had a pretty weak debut for how these types of games work with 450 units for PS4, 200 units for the Nintendo Switch version and 50 units for the Xbox One version.
Week 26 (from June 28 to July 4)
This week there were no major releases.