Mario Kart 8 Deluxe He has stepped on the accelerator and there is no one who is capable of reaching him. The popular racing game Nintendo Switch reposition itself as the best-selling title of the hybrid platform, according to data released by Nintendo in its recent financial report. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has exceeded 35 million copies sold, managing to sell 10.6 million games only in 2020. In second position we find Animal Crossing: New Horizons, on his heels with 32 million copies sold around the world since its debut. On the other hand, the recent launch of the saga Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury has registered more than 5 million units sold.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continue to be unbeatable
Nintendo presented this week the results of his last fiscal year, revealing that Nintendo Switch has sold more than 28.8 million units from the April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. These sales suppose an increase of 34.1% more than the year before. A rise that has also been reflected in the Japanese firm’s software: in the same period of time, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold 10.62 million copies.
This makes the racing game become the best-selling game of the hybrid platform, even surpassing some of the most important releases in recent months. To get an idea of the potential of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the recent launch Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury has sold in the same period of time 5.59 million games. But, if you look at the premieres of other companies …: Ghost of Tsushima, which has been one of Sony’s best-selling games in the last year, sold 6.5 million copies during this same stage.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leaves behind other major releases of the year
Since VentureBeat they point out that in the United States, only physical copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe they sold more than Final Fantasy VII Remake Y Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales during 2020. However, they point out that Miles Morales debuted late last year, and has continued to sell well as 2021 rolled around. So It is possible that, at the moment, you are close to matching your sales with those of Mario Kart 8.
What we can extract from these results is that Nintendo’s most mythical sagas continue to be unbeatable, and enjoying the warmth of the players. Mario Kart is an example, but it is not the only game that has achieved brilliant results: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which debuted in 2018, sold 5 million copies during Nintendo’s last fiscal year. At the same time, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017) and Super Mario Odyssey (2017) sold 4.86 million and 3.42 million copies, respectively. Even Super Mario Party (2018) sold 4.69 million copies last year alone.
Updated Game Sales:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 35.39 million
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 32.63 million
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 23.84 million
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 22.28 million
5. Pokmon Sword/Shield – 21.10 million
6. Super Mario Odyssey – 20.83 million
7. Super Mario Party – 14.79 million
8. Pokmon: Let’s Go! – 13.28 million
9. Splatoon 2 – 12.21 million
10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 10.44 million
11. Ring Fit Adventure – 10.11 million
12. Luigis Mansion 3 – 9.59 million
13. Mario 3D All-Stars – 9.01 million
14. Super Mario Maker 2 – 7.15 million
15. Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury – 5.59 million
16. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening – 5.49 million
17. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 3.14 million
18. Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.12 million
19. Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 2.04 million
20. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition – 1.52 million
21. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit – 1.27 million